Using Your Existing Domain Name with SchemeServe
If you have already bought a domain name it is easy for us to associate your SchemeServe website with that domain name if your plan includes that option.
For up-to-date information on which SchemeServe plans include the option to use your own domain name, please see http://www.schemeserve.com/signup/.
- Notify your account manager. Please let your account manager know which domain name you want to use in SchemeServe. e.g. “http://mycompany'swebsite.com”
- Send us a copy of your SSL certificate and private key – you can get this from your domain name reseller or your website hosting provider
- Once we have received this information we'll associate it with a SchemeServe IP address. We'll send that IP address to you.
- We'll also make sure that your IP address works properly with your SchemeServe e-mail. (Note: Your technical people should know that we use custom DNS/SMTP settings).
- Next, you'll need to change the “A Record” with your domain hosting provider. This usually works as follows:
- Sign in to your domain hosting service
- Find your DNS Management Page (this varies between hosting providers but is often found in Domain Management or Advanced Settings)
- Find the A record settings and enter the following as the A Value: “www.mycompany'sdomain.com”
- Set the A destination to the IP address that we've provided
- Make sure you save any changes you've made
- Finally, let your account manager know when you've done that and we'll activate your new domain and SSL certificate