Taking Card Payments
It's easy to work with monthly Card Payments within SchemeServe. See the instructions below to get started.
Note: To use this service you will need an account with [Sage Pay]. Sage Pay.are the card bureau we use with SchemeServe.
Enabling Card Payments
To start using Card Payments with your customers, you'll first need to enable the service for one of your schemes. Follow the steps below...
- Login with your Administrator account (this is the account you used to first sign up to SchemeServe).
- Navigate to Admin >> Schemes
- Select the scheme for which you'd like to enable Direct Debit using the drop-down list in the top left corner.
- Ensure that the "Auto On Cover" box is ticked.
- Ensure that the "Take Payment Automatically" box is ticked.
- Ensure the "Monthly" tickbox under Payment Types is ticked.
- Tick the "Collect monthly payments by Direct Debit?"
- In the drop-down list labelled "Resend Document on DD Schedule Changes?" choose a document you'd like to generate and email to customers whenever any changes are made to their bank details or debiting schedule. For details of what Direct Debit documentation you need to send to your customers and when, please talk to your bank.
Next, you'll need to enter your Sage Pay account details. [Sage Pay] are the card bureau we use with SchemeServe.
- Just goto Admin >> Website;
- Then enter your Sage Pay account details in the Sage Pay section.
That's it, Card Payments is enabled!
Note that if when editing your scheme you choose for a deposit to be taken, this will be collected by Card Payment, and any balance payments collected by Direct Debit.