Cancelling Cases in SchemeServe
Sometimes it is necessary to cancel cover. If you receive a cancellation request from a client then you will need to issue a Mid-Term Cancellation.
How to Cancel a Case
- To cancel a Case, find the case you wish to cancel.
- Click the View Button for the case to be taken to the Case Summary Tab
- Click the Adjust Policy Button
- To issue a full-term cancellation you should change the Inception Date for the MTA to that of the original Inception Date of the Policy
- Change any coverage values to zero. Reverse any Fees/Loads/Discounts. If there are charges which are non-refundable, leave these in place.
- Click Save Changes
- Advance the Status of the MTA to Cancelled
Note: Once you have completed this, you can review and/or create any relevant documentation that you need for the Cancelled Case (e.g. Cancellation Letter, RP Invoice, etc.)
Note: The return premium will now appear on your "Bordereau - Mid-Term Adjustments" report.